Why Quizzes are Good Entertainment
Quizzes provide a great deal of fun and entertainment for both friends, family and colleagues. Quizzes are popular because they’re easy to tailor to any type of audience, and you can easily make sure there’s something for everyone. They trigger competitiveness, while remaining fun and exciting. In this article, we’ll give some tips as to how to make the perfect quiz. We’ll also provide you with our free Music and Logo quiz, for you and your team to try out.
How to Make a Fun Quiz for Everyone
When you sit down to make a quiz, there are three things to have in mind: Duration, level of difficulty, and participants.
- How long should my quiz be? You want your quiz to be fun and exciting all the way through, so don’t make it too long.
- What is the correct level of difficulty? – By combining both easy, medium and tough questions, you make sure everyone is engaged and have an opportunity to answer throughout the quiz.
- Who are the participants? Don’t be afraid to personally tailor your quiz to the participants. If you’re arranging a quiz for a group of people you don’t know very well, a bit of research on them can go a long way. See if they have hobbies or interests that might relate to the quiz you’re making, making it easier and more engaging for everyone participating. If you find it difficult, you can always fall back to our quizzes, which can be found at the end of this article.
Remember to test your quiz on a few select others before going live. A great quiz often needs numerous attempts of refinement, in order to receive constructive feedback and new ideas over time.
How to Set the Mood for a Great Quiz Night
When the time comes for you to present your quiz, there’s a couple of things to keep in mind. Keeping track of team selection, prizes and technique, you ensure everyone will have a good time.
- Team selection: By dividing participants up into teams, you make sure nobody is left behind in your quiz. Make sure teams are evenly matched and constructed in a way that raises team spirit and brings good vibes to both teams.
- Prizes: The golden rule regarding all quizzes is that those that love quizzing, also love prizes. It doesn’t have to be expensive or grand, but with something to compete for, everyone will give it their all.
- Technique: Make sure you got the practical stuff covered before starting the quiz. Are participants giving their answers verbally, using pen and paper, or perhaps through a platform like kahoot? Whichever way you choose, ensure your platform fits the audience, so that the medium won’t limit the fun-factor.
Our Secret Ingredient
When we make a quiz, we always include an element that raises the stakes and get people excited beyond the questions. Some people are not a fan of these elements, and thus, we usually make them optional for each participant. You might have two participants get up from their chairs, and compete in blowing up balloons in the least amount of time, to earn extra points. This way, your quiz gets an extra element, and another chance for your teams to cheer each other on.
Why is ‘Knowie’ Better Than a Quiz at the Office?
We’ve composed this article not only to give you something you can apply right away, but also to tell you a little bit about Knowie – The perfect platform for your team to have fun with and strengthen your relations.
Knowie is an online set of teambuilding challenges, which takes every office quiz you have ever done to the next level. We don’t just ‘ask questions’, we use gamification as a tool to enforce the competitive and fun elements of teambuilding. During the course of 5 days, you and your team will shed light on some of the unwritten rules, unofficial roles and hidden quirks of each other on the team. Each of you will be scored on how well you know one another, and in the end, you will have received a lot of fun trivia on the team you are a part of, and how it came to be.
Knowie fits the modern company perfectly. It’s incredibly easy to set up, and it only takes a couple of minutes each day to participate. Play it anywhere and anytime during your work hours, on desktop, mobile or tablet – together at your desks, from home office, or as a remote or virtual team.
Throughout a game of Knowie, you’ll form a stronger connection with the rest of your team. You’ll have lots to talk about during coffee breaks, and even the difficult conversations will have a lighter tone, once you are done with a round of Knowie-challenges.
Learn more about how the game works here.